Historical Highlights of the Advisory Council
1986 First Advisory Council:
- Established by Executive Order A 248 86 on December 24, 1986 by Governor Richard D. Lamm.
- Executive Order B 008 86 established the composition and duties of the council, signed on December 20, 19986 by Governor Lamm.
- Developed the present criteria for use in allocating community corrections funds 1987.
- Established first set of By-Laws for the Council on May 1, 1987.
- Established first Colorado Community Corrections Residential Standards in 1988.
1989 Second Advisory Council:
- Appointed by Executive Order A 021 89 on February 2, 1989 by Governor Roy Romer.
- Executive Order B 036 89 addressed Council duties, signed on January 25, 198 9 by Governor Romer.
- The Advisory Council completed the Five Year Plan for Community Corrections in April 1990.
1991 Third Advisory Council:
- Appointed by Executive Order A 218 91 on November 7, 19991 By Governor Roy Romer.
- Executive Order B 030 91 addressed Council duties, signed November 1, 1991 by Governor Romer
- Colorado Community Corrections Non- Residential Standards were established on July 1, 1991.
- Council By-Laws were revised in April 1992.
- Colorado Community Corrections Residential Standards were revised in May 1992.
- The Colorado Community Corrections “Five Year Plan” was updated in November 1993.
1995 Fourth Advisory Council:
- Appointed by Executive Order A 308-95 on December 2, 19995 by Governor Roy Romer.
- Executive Order B 016 95 addressed duties of the Council and superseded Executive Orders B 036 89 and B 030 91 in its entirety.
- The report on “Recommendations for the Allocation and Use of Community Corrections Beds” was completed on June 10, 1996.
- The Advisory Council assisted DCJ in the establishment of the present ‘Five Year Community Corrections Contract” beginning in FY 1999-2000.
2000 Fifth Advisory Council:
- Appointed by Executive Order A 14 00 on January 7, 2000 by Governor Bill Owens.
- Revised the Colorado Community Corrections Standards for Residential and Non Residential programs
- Developed the Auditing Guidelines Document – a technical assistance tool for programs
- Created the Governor’s Community Corrections Advisory Council Award - a process to recognize individuals in community corrections for outstanding service to the field.
Council Staff Person: Wendy Bacchi
Colorado Division of Criminal Justice