Self Improvement and Change Training
State of Colorado Training Opportunity
Criminal Conduct and Substance Abuse Treatment Strategies
for Self-Improvement and Change (SSC)
The State of Colorado is sponsoring a series of training courses in the Strategies for Self-Improvement and Change curriculum. This curriculum is an evidence-based, cognitive-behavioral treatment model for the substance abusing adult offender.
3 Day Training - 21 Hours
|Eligibility to Attend the 3-day Training
- The SSC training is open to staff from treatment agencies who are licensed by the Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) [formerly the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD)] of the State of Colorado to provide offender services. Priority will be given to professionals currently providing substance abuse treatment to offenders referred from the Colorado Criminal Justice System in accordance with DBH regulations. Trainees will develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to successfully facilitate SSC groups with their clients. Trainees will receive a Providers Guide and Participants Manual as part of the training.
Training Credits - Colorado Division of Behavioral Health (ADAD Credits)
- Trainees who successfully complete the 3-day SSC training course are eligible for 21 hours of elective credits.
- By registering for and attending the training, trainees and their respective treatment agencies declare their intentions to utilize the SSC curriculum for substance abusing adult offenders who are clinically appropriate as determined by DBH regulations.
- Attendance to the SSC training and materials are NO COST to eligible persons. Trainees are responsible for their own travel arrangements and expenses according the policies of their respective employers or agencies.
Lodging and Travel:
- Trainees who desire to stay at the host hotels (if applicable) should contact the reservations department at the hotel directly.
What to Bring?
- Trainees are encouraged to dress comfortably and casually for the training, depending on their agency dress code policies and procedures.
- Trainees should also be prepared to provide their own lunches and refreshments on both dates.
- Please bring your own notebook or notepad for taking notes.
Application Process and Materials
- Questions regarding SSC Training or registration, please contact Mr. Bennie Lombard, Manager Offender Substance Use Disorder Programs, Colorado Division of Behavioral Health, Colorado Department of Human Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (303) 866-7519.